A real clue to the IQ there. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">odds those guns were owned legally? </div></div>
I'm thinking the term "ex-convict " and "gun" will never be legal together. </div></div>
Ya think??? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
A real clue to the IQ there. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timmyv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would they have to move the draft age? Cause u think that people should not be able to die for their country when they cant vote? You would probably be one of those that would leave the country if u got drafted cause you wouldnt have the balls to fight a war. </div></div>
If I am old enough to fight for my country then I should be old enough to put someone in there I think wouldnt put me in a war and get killed when there was no reason. Do you get that?
It doesn't make sense that someone who is old enough to vote and be drafted is not old enough to buy a handgun or buy alcoholic beverages. If you're old enough to pull the trigger in defense of your country, then you should be old enough to do the other two. Something I have never agreed with. Either 18 year olds are adults, or they're not. The government needs to be consistent on that one, for sure.
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
I agree 110%.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first article I posted was with a legal one and this particular one does not say. Fact it they should be banned all together from the public. </div></div>
All together...so you think ALL guns should be banned?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
"They" means assault weapons, what this whole discussion was about.
Well you said all together, so it implies ALL.
In the first story you posted, the kid should have never had the gun in the first place. Blame that on the parents, not the gun. The same result would have happened if the parents put an 8 year old behind the wheel of a car. Maybe we should ban cars because there are stupid parents out there.
In the second story, you had a covicted felon with a gun. Right off, the guy had to get the gun illegally. Felons are not allowed to own ANY gun. So banning automatic weapons will NOT stop idiots like that from getting them anyway.
I also wanna say, I have no need for an automatic weapon. I like to hunt, so ill stick to my rifles and shotguns. I have a pistol I carry for protection. BUT, some people out there like to shoot automatic rifles for fun. I dont see the fun it it, but hey, some do. The problem is, when you start taking those....the rest follow. Anti-gun organizations will use that basis to begin the end of ALL guns. When you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"They" means assault weapons, what this whole discussion was about. </div></div>
Since the article states the man had been convicted of murder he wasn't allowed to own any type if firearm since he would be a felon. So it doesn't look like he was about to obey the law. Same if you ban guns or certain guns. The criminals will still be getting guns and the law abidinf citizen will suffer greatly.
While we're at it, let's ban vehicles, prescription drugs, alcohol and anything else someone might use to kill someone. Throw in knives and bow and arrow also. What did Cain kill Abel with? Let's find out and ban those also. Heck, a black belt might kill me with his hands!! CUT OFF ALL BLACK BELTS HANDS!
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
Suffer greatly?
And you are comparing apples and oranges. Things like cars are a necessity, a assault weapon isnt.
Bookmarks